Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Not enough day.

Had a pretty good start for the 200km triangle today.  Left at the first start with Tyler, Jamie and a couple other pilots.  Lost Tyler fairly quickly and was left with Jamie and I think the Japanese girl.  We were flying well together with out much trouble.  Another pilot joined us and didn't like our turn direction so just did his own thing.  I wasn't really connecting with the core Jamie was in and being pissed at the pilot turning the opposite direction I just left and went on my own.  I wasn't climbing well but staying off the ground and moving forward.  The lift was pleasant but was hard to get over 6000'.  I kept plugging away until late in the day.  Working light lift not getting over 4000' creeping closer to goal.  At 7:00pm I landed about 55km from goal.  Kind of freaked out the home owner working in the yard when she saw me walking up with my glider.  Very nice couple, as are most people out here are.  I'm sure I would have gotten further if I would stuck with Jamie.  I really need to try and stick with people.  Another day tomorrow.

No comments: